Conjugator is a fully grammar rules based Arabic verb conjugator. For a selected verb or,
alternatively, selected root letters (R1,R2,R3) and Form (for Form I including R2 vowels
in perfectum and imperfectum) Conjugator generates the following
- Verbal forms in all tenses and modes
- Underlying morpheme types
- Projections of (R1,R2,R3) on morpheme types
- Grammar rules that have been applied
- Unvocalized verbal forms
Which verbs are covered?
- All triradical Arabic verbs are covered ranging from Consonant, Geminated and Hamzated verbs to Assimilated, Hollow
and Defective verbs and to the Doubly Weak and Mixed verbs. These categories will be referred to as Typologies. More
about Typologies can be found under VERB.
How does it work?
- Go to ROOT to select a root (R1,R2,R3) plus Form and see
what verbal forms are generated. Alternatively, go to VERB
and select a verb from a reservoir of 1400 verbs and then have the verbal forms generated, or go to
TEST to select a verb from a set of testing verbs,
carefully collected to cover the full conjugational diversity of the Arabic verb.
What more is there?
- There are separate pages dedicated to Morpheme Types (MORPH)
and Forms (FORM). Together they constitute the conjugational
framework for all tenses and modes. For Consonant verbs that is where the story of conjugation ends. All other Typologies
(also including a small subset of the Consonant verbs) require additional rules to be applied. There are sets of rules for
every Typology. Go to RULE to get acquainted with them.
Visit GRAPH to see how the set of 1400 verbs is distributed
over Typologies and Forms. LETTER is the transliteration table
that is used to transliterate Arabic to Latin script.
Technology, History and About me
- Conjugator is written in Python and uses the Flask framework and a MySQL database. Conjugator is hosted at pythonanywhere.com.
It was first deployed on January 22 2020. Current version is September 26 2020.
- My name is Jan Verhaar. I have studied physics and many languages. My current job is close to IT/Finance and I love Arabic.
Your comments and suggestions are appreciated. Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit my LinkedIn profile
You are logged in as: user0957480